Jess, Chobham Academy Book Group
The Smell of Other People's Houses
The Smell of other people's houses is a book set in Alaska in 1970 and is told from 4 different people's point of view.
I really enjoyed reading it! Here are some reasons:
- I love the way it is written
- Good plot development
- Interesting characters
- Nice that it is shown from many points of view rather than just one- I feel you get to know the characters much better that way
- (Not a reason why i liked the book, but great name for a book!)
Unfortunately there are some faults that didn't make it as good as I had hoped:
- Too many characters
- A great start but then so much is explained in just a couple of paragraphs which makes it a bit confusing
- Setting isn't really established well until later on (there is a map at the front of the book which is maybe why there isn't much setting explanation.
So I enjoyed the story very much, except the book is a bit confusing at first. But other than these, I found it a very enjoyable story and I believe it is definately a contender for the winner.
Posted on: 21st April 2017 at 01:57 pm
more reviews by this group
more reviews for this title
BACK TO OUR GROUP PAGE